Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inspration and Wellness at a Grocery Store?

We have recently started a new tradition...every Sunday, one of us will head out to gather fresh and healthy food supplies for the following week. We are fortunate enough to live near a Whole Foods Market, and while this in no way is a paid endorsement or a sponsored editorial, we find that Whole Foods manifests many elements of the mind-body-spirit connection.

Look no further than the core values of this amazing institution:

Organic-We sell the highest quality foods available.
Growth-We create wealth through profits and growth.
Delight-We satisfy and delight our customers.
Environment-We care about communities and our environment.
Happiness-We care about Team Members happiness and excellence.

As I push my cart through the produce section and load up on organic raspberries, freshly cut vegetables and just made guacamole dip...I hear the fantastic selection of contemporary and modern music playing....easily in clear view on one of the many large high definition televisions are sports scores, live games and highlights. I must not forget the employees who always seem to be happy and there for me when I have a question. By the time I have picked up my spelt bread, almond milk and smart water, I am clearly in a better mood than I was 60 minutes ago, as I have also picked up this month's copy of The Well Being Journal at the magazine rack.

This is a company that is really on to something special, so if you are at all into wellness as a way of being, I highly recommend a visit to your nearest location. You will also find hours of fantastic surfing and information at: www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Be Well...

2 comments:

Caroline August 23, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Love this Deb! I never thought about everything going on in the background while shopping there. I will say, I always feel better when I leave...but wonder if it's because I just bought some great chocolate and cheese ;)

Wendy August 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Mmm, I love those kinds of stores. We don't have one in my area -- the nearest one is about an hour and a half from here. We will stop in for a treat now and again when we are in town. It's heavenly!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP