Sunday, August 30, 2009

Go Big or Go Home!


We just returned from an incredible trip to a destination spa...
what is it about being away...why is it so much easier to reflect and relax?
It seems like we have to work so much harder- for that same "disconnect" when we are actually sitting at home.

Although...I (D.) did miss my pillow...
due to the ultra soft down pillow they provided - my neck freaked out and when I awoke the next day...I felt and looked like Frankenstein! I decided it would wear off and that I should head down to the Sunrise Yoga class in front of the Pacific Ocean anyway...
however, panic set in when I went to lift my head from the initial breathing - and I could NOT get up! OH NO! Everyone was posing all around me...as I lay on the floor - willing myself to get up! I had to laugh, it was like a bad SNL skit...Finally I was able to haul myself up! I left...practically running to the Spa Check-In desk...where I begged them to let me see a massage therapist! I think my freaky Frankenstein-look made them take pity and they probably put me with their absolute best...(Nancy) she saved my trip, my life, my neck..I owe her big time!

All I can say is Tip Big...(Go Big or Go Home) with the spa tips! They deserve it! Nancy made it her mission in life to get me to stand up straight again, asking all of the right questions and applying pressure in just the right reflexive points = I told the front desk staff, I spoke with the Spa Director - they get performance reviews too...and I wanted everyone to know she is amazing! (i.e. pool attendant, waiter, front desk attendant - everyone heard about Nancy)!
Please let us know if you have ever been rescued from a spa treatment...we'd love to know!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP