Tuesday, October 13, 2009


There are some moments in life...that just happen...
they fall into place and suddenly you are in the right place at precisely the right time and you actually have enough of your wits about you (in that moment) to know...this is supposed to be happening!

Yes, pretty deep thought to open up with...but when it happens to you and I am sure it has...it wakes you up!
I attended a Health and Wellness Conference recently and knew that I was destined to be sitting and listening to EXACTLY what I was hearing - if only for the pure purpose of acknowledgement that Joe and I are on the right path....to wellness.

The Speaker line up was incredible...Laura Ziskin (movie producer who started "Stand Up" to Cancer organization...what a Dynamo! I spoke to her one on one afterwards and she told me - passionately, that she would continue to get the word out - to let her organization bridge doctors to researchers to patients...so that when patients received their diagnoses that their doctor would know they could be saved and give each patient hope. She is living with cancer right now and had more energy and zeal than half the people I know! Inspirational!

Also, Kathy Freston (Quantum Wellness, Author) and Rory Freedman (Skinny Bitch, Author) both spoke and told of easy changes and adjustments that we could make everyday to live just a little healthier...with a little more energy...and they both favored the mind, body, spirit approach.

Again, just the validation that we are headed in the right direction with more tools on the way - regarding organic food, medical care and healthy preventative choices...it's exciting...and I will now be looking to list all of the tid-bits that I learned - in the next few weeks on this blog.
Heck, we could become a Skinny Bitch or Skinny Bastard just by trying a few of Rory's tips! Who Knows! But let's dwell in possibility for now! D

1 comments:

Caroline October 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

I think you should do follow up post and share some ideas. Sounds really interesting...as I am really trying to do better with my eating. At least I got to the farmers market and bought a bunch of yummy fruits and veggies!

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP