Thursday, January 7, 2010

Redecorate your own soul....


Aaaahhhh a NEW YEAR!

New Year...New Rules...that is what most tend to lean towards in the changing of the calendar year.

However, many of us wake up to see - it's the same "us" starring back at us in the mirror on January 1st.
So this year....I am going to lean into something different. I am taking some action. Some responsibility....and now that it is 'out there' I feel like I have taken the steps for some accountability as well.
Whew! Is it 2011 yet! ha!

Years ago, a friend of mine told me - there are two types of people...

One type - likes to move into a new place - put their furniture in just the right place - and thoughtfully hang their pictures....and then it stays that way - until they move again.
The other type of person - moves in - rearranges furniture, photos, rugs, etc. and then starts all over again the next month. She said - think about it...which one are you?
Hummmm - Ok. I admit. I put it down and just leave it. Maybe adding accessories each year...but not moving things. So this year...I plan on shaking it up quite a bit. Time for a makeover of my inner sanctum.
Time for some moving of the furniture within the depths of my soul.
It's all good.
Just want to take a fresh approach. And as we all know...it's always best to start from the inside out. Work it.
I have signed up for the 28 Day Meditation Challenge - that Jan is hosting at www.Awakeisgood.com - Nice! (Thanks for the tip whimsicalwhispers!) It has up'ed my accountability quotent...and for that I am very grateful!

Today - I did a guided mediation because I really needed to be guided into the mindset of relaxation and silence. I needed to calm my mind...since I am preoccupied with where my inner furniture should be placed...is there room for it (time)...am I cluttering up the space (with ongoing thoughts, doubts and noise)? By the time 20 minutes had ended...I was just beginning to relax and feel some 'space' coming into my mind. I sat for another 5 minutes....just breathing mindfully...and was thankful....very thankful...for a new year that presents a fresh approach.

I look forward to finding new fresh ideas from others on ways to enhance & expand my soul this year...all DIY tips are welcome!
New .
Namaste.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP